Saturday 1 August 2015

Cutting Out The Cack

My new 'healthy me' scheme involves cutting out a lot of cack. Not just from my diet, but from me too. I suspect we all do it. We say things like 'I'm perfectly happy like this...' or 'nothing I do shifts the pounds...' or how about 'I don't think I eat that badly...' It's all rubbish isn't it? Just trying to kid ourselves. As soon as you can cut that cack and recognise that you need a long term plan to get healthy, get happy and lose a bit of weight, the better. Well, it was for me anyway. And it's no good looking for a quick fix either if you have a lot of weight to lose.

I've also cut a lot of cack from my diet. Mostly, I've cut out processed sugar - including sugary drinks because those really are empty calories and needless sugar, and I've cut out starchy foods like bread, pasta and potatoes. It was quite tough at first, but it's quite easy now. I just avoid them much of the time, but I'm no saint, I have cake at birthdays and I pinch some of my son's sweets sometimes. I just don't do it anywhere near as much as I used to.

I bulk my food out with fresh vegetables and have discovered that I love fresh sweetcorn. Baked beans are quite good for making a meal filling too. I have yet to brave the packet of quinoa I have in the cupboard though...

I feel so much better for eating better. I just feel more awake, more alert and more alive. It's great! Try it for a couple of days and you'll see too.

My diet's been pretty boring though, which doesn't really bother me, but I'm going to start searching out tasty, healthy recipes (assuming such things exist <g>) to see how much fun I can make this diet.

I've been working today and so my diet's been a bit hit and miss, but I've done OKish...

Menu

Breakfast: Yakult (I was in a rush...)
Lunch: Chicken and salad with mayo
Dinner: I might have had a slice of marble cake
Snack: Ovaltine Options hot choccie drink. 
Drinks: 1.5l of tap water

Not entirely sure what this lot really adds up to because FitBit inexplicably doesn't have 'massive chunk of cake' listed. I reckon it's probably about 1,000 calories in total. Lucky I didn't eat the really big slice of cake eh? Happily though, I've spent much of my day on my feet, so hopefully that will have burned a few calories along with all the smiling and being nice to people that I've done. That takes a lot of effort too, so must burn calories :D

FitBit Stats From Yesterday

Steps: 15,264
Distance: 6.09 miles
Active minutes: 99

My Stats

Current weight: 11st 8.0lbs (How annoying is that!?! So tantalisingly close to being 11st 7-something)
Next weight target: 11st 7lbs (pre-holiday weight)

TOMORROW: Do Low-Calorie Desserts Really Exist?

No comments:

Post a Comment