Monday 3 August 2015

Moving Targets - Losing Weight Little By Little

One thing I discovered very early on is that having your eye on the end game is very daunting. If, like me, you have a lot of weight to lose, you are much better off looking for little targets that are achievable in a few days. It's a bit like climbing a mountain. You know you need to get to the top, but finding finger and toe holes is what will get you to the top.

I started this at 14st 5lbs and I'm now at 11st 6.8lbs. I've just moved my target from 11st 7lbs (my pre-holiday weight) to 11st 5lbs because that's when I'll have lost exactly 3st. V exciting! My target after that will be just one pound further along - 11st 4lbs. This is the point at which I go from being obese to just being overweight. According to the NHS anyway. Then I'll be able to concentrate on getting to 10st-something. I can hardly believe that I'll soon be 10st-something. That seemed impossible back in February when I started this little adventure.

I can't wait to tell you why 10st 10lbs will be a target :)

Little steps allow you to tick off all these minor wins and let you see that you're heading in the right direction. You won't lose all the weight overnight, but you really can feel very much better about yourself very quickly.

Do it!

Let's see how I'm doing today...

Menu

Breakfast: Yakult and a pink grapefruit.
Lunch: Going back to salad for lunch probably with salmon because I bought a twin pack yesterday and need to eat the second one. Need to take it easy because it's my sister's birthday today, so there will be cake ;)
Dinner: Veg stir fry and cake.
Snack: Ovaltine Options hot choccie drink. 
Drinks: 1.5l of tap water

This little lot adds up to about 900 calories according to FitBit - I had to guess what the cake might be because it's home-made and won't appear on the FitBit stats. 

FitBit Stats From Yesterday

Steps: 13,036
Distance: 8.29 miles
Active minutes: 106

My Stats

Current weight: 11st 6.8lbs
Next weight target: 11st 5lbs (I'll have lost exactly 3st at this weight.)

TOMORROW: What The F*** Is Quinoa?

No comments:

Post a Comment