Saturday 8 August 2015

Weight Loss Plateau

Arghhhhhh! This is the most frustrating thing about the whole dieting thing. You're tootling along nicely losing weight here, there and everywhere and then suddenly nothing... nada... zip. It all comes shuddering to a halt.

When I started dieting and exercising, the first stone melted away really quickly. I could easily lose 4-5lbs a week. But sometimes your body just slams on the anchors and hangs on to all the weight it's acquired. The Mayo Clinic has a nice succinct article about why this happens here.

For me, I've found that having a day or two off of dieting can help to kick start things when you go back to dieting. Increasing exercise also helps. One thing that really seems to burn the calories is housework. I know, I know, but since I've been on my 'new healthy me' programme, my house has never been so tidy. I have lots more energy and I figure that I might as well burn off some of that fat by improving my environment too. (This must surely top the list of things I never though I'd hear myself say).

My weight stopped dead for two days this week, but I kept at it and it's on the slide again. Whoop whoop!

So don't get disheartened. Get the hoover out instead ;)

I cannot even begin to tell you how excited I am with my weigh-in news today. I have smashed through the 3st target and can now knuckle down with the next target. Whoop whoop! I added to my general feeling of well-being today by getting my eye lashes done again. So now I feel great and look as good as I'm ever gonna look too. Thanks Stef! http://www.minkblink.co.uk/

Menu

Breakfast: Yakult and a pink grapefruit.
Lunch: Roast chicken breast, spinach, cucumber, tomatoes and a dollop of mayo.
Dinner: Spanish omelette
Snack: Ovaltine Options hot choccie drink. 
Drinks: 1.5l of tap water

This little lot adds up to about 760 calories according to FitBit. It's well below what's suggested, but I feel pretty full on it. 

FitBit Stats From Yesterday

Steps: 12,703
Distance: 8.08 miles
Active minutes: 85

My Stats

Current weight: 11st 5.6lbs (Yippee!!! Another target SMASHED.)
Next weight target: 11st 3lbs (I will go from 'obese' to 'over weight' according to the NHS's BMI stats)

TOMORROW: To BMI Or Not To BMI?

No comments:

Post a Comment