Sunday 26 July 2015

Getting Shot Of The Holiday Pounds

Uh oh. I braved hopping on the scales to see what damage my three week trip around Europe has done. Let's just say that I didn't exactly stick to my diet. But who does when they're away? I don't want to be a complete diet bore. I ate better than I would have done before the diet started, but I still stuffed down ice-cream, pate and fresh bread. Not all together. That would be horrible.

According to the scales, I have managed to put on 4.5lbs. Actually, that's not as bad as I'd feared. Although I relaxed the old diet, I did do quite a bit of exercise. I made myself walk around, often in quite hot temperatures and carrying a rucksack, so that must burn more calories than just strolling around normally.

Today, I need to climb back on the wagon and eat better. I've been to the supermarket and bought 'sensible' food. I plan to have a bit of a boring day food-wise today to see what weight vanishes over night.

Menu plan

Breakfast: Two egg omelette
Lunch: Baked salmon and lots of salad with a blob of mayo - sorry, I can't eat salad without mayo
Dinner: Grilled pork loin steak with veggies but no spuds and a pink grapefruit for pud
Snack: Ovaltine Options hot choccie drink.
Drinks: 1.5l of tap water

According to FitBit, this little lot adds up to about 722 calories. If I get hungry during the day, I'll eat an apple or some other piece of fruit.

Lots of variety with essential fats from meats/eggs and lots of different vitamins and minerals too. You need to have plenty of variety, so you don't miss out on any essential nutrients. Water's really important too. My skin looks great through this diet and I suspect a lot of that is because of the amount of water I consume.

I'll also do 15,000 steps today.  Let's see if I can shift half a pound today. Will report back in the morning as I weigh myself at the same time every day.

The lesson I'll take from this is that I will probably have to watch my weight forever, but that's OK as long as I monitor it and deal with it quickly.

Current weight: 11st 11.6lbs
Next weight target: 11st 7lbs (pre-holiday weight)

TOMORROW: 'Losing 2lbs A Week'

No comments:

Post a Comment